xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to make this script faster

2007-11-16 00:02:26
Michael Kay wrote:
But that's not a performance issue, and nor are most of the points Abel
made; and I have to say I couldn't see anything at all here that should
cause performance problems.

Not even the recursion? I sometimes find myself in the situation that recursion with only 20 levels deep can cause a lot of performance problems (at other times, this figure can be > 500 without causing performance issues at all). Especially with double recursion (fibonacci-like), but that's not the case here... I'd think that when the $section-paragragraphs is rather lengthy, the recursion becomes rather deep ....

Hmm, come to think of it, Matthieu, are you sure that the performance problem is in the XSLT process? Or is the output read by an XML processor of some kind that may choke on large input (or is the input fed to the XSLT processor from a DOM object, which can be rather mem and perf consuming)? Or do you catch the xsl:message messages with some messagelistener you wrote yourself (and perhaps does something more than only logging?).

In other words: can you run the stylesheet as bare as possible (i/o on local disk) and do you then still have the problems?

Cheers,
-- Abel