xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to make this script faster

2007-11-16 15:25:40
Michael Kay wrote:

Finally got it downloaded - the server was being very slow.

It's taking a long time because it's fetching the DTD from a remote HTTP
site. Nothing to do with the XSLT code at all

Shouldn't that only happen when you use saxon -v option? Or, put differently, is it possible to tell the processor to skip foreign resources? I usually get a firewall warning so I never run into the problem that Mathieu had, but if you don't know where to look (the 38% processor occupancy mentioned by Matthieu could've been a hint though), it can be pretty frustrating before you find the culprit.

-- Abel