xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Illegal xml chars

2007-12-13 07:48:11
Hi, Waqar:

Mind if I ask what is it you tried to put in your XML? As far as I know, 0x08 is not an existing character (and neither is &#x8. That is why it is giving you weird characters when you transform it. I am also surprised that it allows you to transform when you have this kind of character.

Hope this helps.

Alice

Quoting Waqar Ali <waqarali_pk(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>:

Hello:

I have an illegal character in my xml (0x08 or &#x8;) and when I
tries to transform it using xslt, the parser (MS .NET) gives me an
error(hexadecimal value 0x08, is an invalid character). I tried
everything: using different encoding, wrapping my xml data in CDATA
tags but nothing seems
to be working. What do you suggest?

I may end up removing the illegal chars manually using a regular
expression. Do you know one which can remove &#x8; and other illegal
chars from the xml?

Thanks,
-Waqar

--~--