xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Illegal xml chars

2007-12-13 09:25:27
Sorry.. do not want to drag this topic but setting CheckCharacters to false does not work.. Here what is written in the documentation:

"If the XmlReader is processing text data, it always checks that the XML names and text content are valid, regardless of the property setting. Setting CheckCharacters to false turns off character checking for character entity references."

No matter what I do parser does not like this character and I have no option but to somehow take it out from the xml.

Thanks guys for your help.

From: Martin Honnen <Martin(_dot_)Honnen(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de>
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Illegal xml chars
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:44:51 +0100

David Carlisle wrote:
If you are using .NET 2.0 or later then you can use  (a character reference) in your XML 1.0 documents

That system may read the file, but the file is not XML 1.0, in that
case,

That is technically correct but I just wanted to point out that the .NET XmlReader with the described setting accepts the character reference in a document declared to be XML 1.0.

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

--~--