xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Illegal xml chars

2007-12-13 09:51:56
On 13/12/2007, Waqar Ali <waqarali_pk(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
No matter what I do parser does not like this character and I have no option
but to somehow take it out from the xml.

If the XML is arriving with those characters in it and the version set
to 1.0 then it's not really XML and should be fixed at source - reject
it and get someone to fix whatever's generating the XML.

I know that sounds like an "in a ideal world" situation but sometimes
they might thank you for flagging this sort of issue, rather than
forever working around the problem.

Imagine explaining the system to someone in 2 years time: "we receive
the XML, we strip out illegal XML characters then we parse the
XML".....

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com