xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Illegal xml chars

2007-12-13 11:15:51

I have an illegal character in my xml (0x08 or ) and
when I tries to transform it using xslt, the parser (MS .NET)
gives me an error(hexadecimal value 0x08, is an invalid
character). I tried everything: using different encoding,
wrapping my xml data in CDATA tags but nothing seems to be
working. What do you suggest?

If you have a file that isn't XML, then you can't fix it using tools that
are designed to work with XML input. You will have to fix it using tools
that access the file at character or byte level.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/