xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Diagramming XSLT

2008-04-08 13:35:49
I know that Ken Holman has some intereesting diagrams in his texts and training material on XSLT. His diagramming conventions show how an output node tree can be formed from both the xml input tree of nodes and the node tree representing the templates in the XSLT stylesheet.

Check with http://www.cranesoftwrights.com

Short of this - I also have been musing on creating an animation showing a similar thing to explain how the XSLT processor works. So far I haven't found an animation tool that lets me create such an animation easilty. [Suggestions?]

Cheers..Hugh

CyberSpace Industries 2000 Inc.
Multimedia Promotion
XML Training and Consulting
http://cyberspace-industries-2000.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Sulak" <jsulak(_at_)jonesmcclure(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 12:14 PM
Subject: [xsl] Diagramming XSLT

Hello everybody,

I'm preparing a conference talk, and in part of that talk I will be
explaining the functioning of an XSL transform to an audience of mixed
XSLT expertise.  I was thinking that a flowchartish diagram would help.
I'm not looking to diagram every single template, just give a broad
overview - stuff like "the output from the "gentext" mode templates is
saved in this variable and then processed by the default-mode
templates."

Are there any good examples of this sort of XSLT diagram on the web?
Does anyone attempted this before and have any advice?

Thanks,

-James

-----
James Sulak