xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Diagramming XSLT

2008-04-09 07:19:03
Yes... thanks.

I have Camtasia - it is great if you want to show how to use a program. Click on this menu item - get a drop down menu, click on an option - here's what happens. Great little tool for doing this - I am using this for an upcoming product I am working on.

What I was interested in doing is rather than explaining how an XSLT processor works (words) - create an animation demonstating how it works. I've done this in classes I have given using diagrams - but it is hard to capture the process of what is going on. I have to do a lot of arm waving and explanations.

I have considered Flash - but haven't had access to it for long enough to see what functionality it can provide and whether it can implement what I envision. Maybe I'll take a second look.

Cheers...Hugh
CyberSpace Industries 2000 Inc.
Multimedia Promotion
XML Training and Consulting
http://cyberspace-industries-2000.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lech Rzedzicki" <xchaotic(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Cc: <csi2000(_at_)urbanmarket(_dot_)com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 6:19 AM
Subject: Re: [xsl] Diagramming XSLT

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 9:32 PM, CyberSpace Industries 2000 Inc.
<csi2000(_at_)urbanmarket(_dot_)com> wrote:
Short of this - I also have been musing on creating an animation showing a
similar thing to explain how the XSLT processor works.   So far I haven't
found an animation tool that lets me create such an animation easilty.
[Suggestions?]

 Cheers..Hugh

I come from a technical writing background and depending on what
exactly you want to do, there's tons of tools for screen casts like
Camtasia Studio, Captivate etc, but I dare say that Adobe/Macromedia
Flash might be the best suit for your needs of animation.

Creating animated movable content is really easy even for
non-programmers - put a box somewhere, keyframe, move it somewhere,
keyframe 15secs later and you 've got a nice animation of a moving
box. For more complex stuff, sky's the limit.
The advantage is that you can run .swf flash files via browser on any platform.

Hope that helps,

Lech