xsl-list

Re: [xsl] current-dateTime()

2008-04-18 07:48:30
Liam Quin wrote:
On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 02:05:52PM +0100, Andrew Welch wrote:
It should be straightforward to write an extension function instead...

Actually no.  A conformant implementation is allowed to call an
extension function only once for any given argument value, and
to remember the results, to make it stable.  A give implementation
might let you write such an extension function as you want, but
there's no guarantee.

But you can make that guarantee by using newly added nodes, which cannot be pre-evaluated, and add them as a parameter to your extension function. This method was shown in my pure-XSLT approach earlier this thread, or in another post where I show how to create a semi-conformant GUID (which needs a timestamp and a random number, two things that are hard in XSLT).

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma