xsl-list

Re: [xsl] the future of xslt

2008-06-22 01:22:08
I also know a number of significant Web and content publishing
applications used on a daily basis and providing contents to millions
of viewers, that are very fundamentally XSLT-based.

XSLT is used everywhere: aerospace, health, finance, massive corporate
websites, mobile internet etc

As an XSLT contractor I'm now getting jobs specifically asking for
XSLT as the main skill - not too long ago all jobs merely had
"xml/xslt" tacked onto the end.  Companies are realising the
importance of the transformation layer and the need for top XSLT
people, which are few and far between.

(and no, having written value-of select and a bit of XPath once does
not mean you should have XSLT on your CV)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com