xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Content negotiation in XSLT

2008-07-21 11:13:30
Florent,

  This extension is aimed to provide HTTP features.  And HTTP
is not restricted to XML, it sends and receives text.

Good point, among other non-text formats.

I think I see you could also use the extension to support REST-style
PUT, DELETE etc., by changing the @method="PUT, POST, GET etc" ?

  But that's a good point, because while serializing in XSLT
is easy, parsing requires much an extension.  So I guess it
could be interesting to provide an alternative extension
function that handles the parsing (at least).

Of course, this is a very good reason to use saxon:parse, and it
would of course allow custom parsers to be invoked if a (custom)
URIReslover
detected the content type.  Good one.  Maybe a new set of EXSLT
functions specific to XSLT 2 could begin with yours plus a set
from Saxon (like parse, serialize)?

Not sure when this starts to go off-topic, but certain that Tommie
will let us know ;).

  I have a new version to upload (to deal with proxies with
authentication), and I want to write new, simpler examples.
Then I would like to improve the interface, and write a
stylesheet that build upon the HTTP extension to provide SOAP
functions.

I will definitely look for that, perhaps you could let us know?

Cheers,
Peter