xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Dynamic web pages using Saxon and Linux (Apache)

2008-08-27 09:00:57
c. eXist database (: PHP & mySQL killer :) - also easily integrated
with Saxon (even with 9.1)

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Martin Heiden
<martin(_dot_)heiden(_at_)netcologne(_dot_)de> wrote:
Chris,

CH> All of my bits and pieces work seperately and I managed to get my
CH> resultant web page generated and displayed using ASP .NET technologies.

CH> I now need to glue this together on a Linux platform using Apache
CH> webserver - trouble is I don't really know where to begin.  I
CH> appreciate answers may be long so any links to other web sites,
CH> example code or pointers would be a massive benefit.

Two ideas:

a) mod_mono. An apache module of the free .net implementation which
also runs under linux. You might be able to use your application. I
don't have any experiences with it.

http://www.mono-project.com/ASP.NET

b) Apache Cocoon. A Java-based XML-Publishing framework. This is a
very mighty tool, but it has a steep learning curve. It's based on
the idea of XML-Pipelines and mapping URIs to them.

http://cocoon.apache.org

You'll need to install a Java Webcontainer like Apache Tomcat too.

http://tomcat.apache.org

Good luck!

 Martin

--~--