xsl-list

Re: [xsl] xslt2: Retrieving a directory's non-XML file names

2008-10-01 14:11:51
Hi Mike,

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 11:05 PM, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>
wrote:
A sizeable section of the community took the view that it was not
the job of the XSL WG to standardize language bindings for Java or any other
flavour-of-the-day language, and the WG responded to this concern.

I could give an example of a W3C language; the very popular DOM. W3C
has also defined HTML bindings for DOM.

Can't we do similarly for Java bindings for XSLT? If there is
sufficient market demand, we could think of other languages too ...

Your idea of taking it up as a JCP process doesn't satisfy me much. I
think, JCP is more to do with Java APIs development.

This problem is mostly concerned with XSLT, so I would think, this
should be taken up under W3C guidance.

I also think, that developing Java bindings for XSLT will not be a
length specification (it would be 2-3 pages I guess). I think this
does adds value to the XSLT community ...

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi