xsl-list

Re: [xsl] xslt2: Retrieving a directory's non-XML file names

2008-10-02 01:26:42
Hi Mike,
  Thanks for sharing these references. Sorry, I think I joined
xsl-list later than, when the below petition was put forward, so was
not aware of the discussions during that time.

From the xsl-list archives you pointed, titled: "Petition to withdraw
xsl:script from XSLT 1.1" I tend to share the concerns of the authors
of this petition.

I agree, that not having bindings for languages like Java would
achieve higher levels of portability.

I also read Appendix C of the XSLT 1.1 WD. It's pretty complex than
what I thought.

I am sorry for putting up an useless argument, and I withdraw my point.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>