xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XQuery Updates in XSLT

2008-10-29 14:58:39
Dimitre Novatchev wrote:
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 1:39 AM, Jesper Tverskov
<jesper(_at_)tverskov(_dot_)dk> wrote:
I have tested XQuery Updates in Saxon SA 9.1 and it works like a
dream.  I was wondering if something similar is going to be available
in XSLT?  How can XSLT do without such a killer feature?

Such a feature will be the killer of a nice, functional language, I agree...
:)

XQuery Update is still a 100% functional language - it's pretty good at
succinctly expressing transforms that would otherwise need an identity
transform and some number of exception templates.

John

--
John Snelson, Oracle Corporation            http://snelson.org.uk/john
Berkeley DB XML:            http://oracle.com/database/berkeley-db/xml