xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XQuery Updates in XSLT

2008-10-29 15:49:04
Robert Koberg wrote:

On Oct 29, 2008, at 3:21 PM, Scott Trenda wrote:

I think John is confusing the meaning of "functional" here. Dimitre
meant "functional" as in "based on functions/templates, like Haskell or
Scheme (as opposed to imperative)", and perhaps John interpreted
"functional" to mean "it works, it's not broken".

I am sure John knows what functional means. I was commenting about the
use of XQuery as opposed to xsl's identity template with some exception
templates. It sounds like he think XQuery is better at this type of thing.

Yes. It's a few lines of easily readable XQuery Update, versus a few
complete XSLT templates and an explanation of how the identity transform
works.

John

--
John Snelson, Oracle Corporation            http://snelson.org.uk/john