xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Qualified variable names

2008-11-09 10:01:39
At 2008-11-09 15:34 +0100, Florent Georges wrote:
"G. Ken Holman" wrote:

> I often have two namespaces for each library:  a public one
> (declaring global constructs users of the black box are allowed
> to override) and a private one (declaring global constructs users
> of the black box are not allowed to override).

  I also use this technique.  I wonder what naming scheme people here
use for the private namespace URI.  Personally, over the time I use(d)
three different kinds of naming schemes:

    http://company.com/project/some-stylesheet.xsl
    some-stylesheet.xsl
    impl:some-stylesheet.xsl

where "some-stylesheet.xsl" can have more levels, reflecting the
project structure:

    http://company.com/project/some-module/some-style.xsl

  Sometimes, I just use the same URI within all the stylesheets in the
project (mostly for small projects.)

  Does someone use something else, or have any comments on those above?

When it is a namespace of a vocabulary I've made public, I use HTML documents at the URI of the URL:

  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/ns/xslstyle
  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/ns/xslstyle/vocabulary

... which eventually will be XHTML with RDDL but I never get the time to go back and fix these up.

When it is a private or temporary namespace, I use a URN:

  urn:X-Crane:project:subproject:module:etc.:etc.:etc.

Per the recommendation I do not use a URI construed as a relative URI as that practice is deprecated:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-names-20060816/#iri-use

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
Video sample lesson:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNjJCh7Ppg