xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Qualified variable names

2008-11-10 05:27:26
I often have two namespaces for each library:  a public one
(declaring global constructs users of the black box are allowed
to override) and a private one (declaring global constructs users
of the black box are not allowed to override).

 I also use this technique.  I wonder what naming scheme people here
use for the private namespace URI.

I've often thought Final and Abstract type modifiers would be useful,
maybe now would be a good time to submit a proposal for 2.1.

We can already simulate Abstract, but an explicit attribute could be
preferable to throwing an error in a named template, or a missing
select on a required parameter (or a typed variable etc).

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com