xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Sort by one attribute & use Muenchian technique to group by another attribute?

2009-06-10 14:23:09
I also apologize for that.  I was simply trying to prevent the discussion from
going completely OT without any actual responses - which probably wasn't
necessary in retrospect.

Anyway Andrew, your point is well taken.  Xalan is working fine otherwise, so
even if saxon 9 was in the central repo or we didn't have some ridiculous
draconian policy, I'd rather not upgrade and risk subtle side effects with our
other sheets just to get past this one quirk - which is now resolved anyway.
So no need to get heated over this, much bigger problems in the world today.

However, my original argument still stands:  Saxon 9 probably should be in the
central repo right?  yes? =)  It would only help to expand its usage.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Welch [mailto:andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 2:07 PM
To: List Owner
Cc: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Sort by one attribute & use Muenchian technique to group by
another attribute?

Apologies to the list for any offence, however:

 * call people names (I can't imagine an appropriate use of "idiot"
  on XSL-List and I certainly didn't think this use of "silly" was
  helpful or respectful.)

Not using XSLT 2.0 in a Java project because you don't want to
download the Saxon9.jar is just.... well, an appropriate use of either
of those terms in my book.  (but point taken)

 * get into shouting matches about what is or is not "common policy",
  "common practice", or anything similar without some statistics to
   back up the claim

OT:  http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-3rd-party-jars-local.html

It's a one liner to use Saxon 9 in a maven project, hence the annoyance.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com