xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Filename encoding

2009-10-21 09:57:48
On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Syd Bauman <Syd_Bauman(_at_)brown(_dot_)edu>
wrote:
I'd be inclined to investigate Wolfgang's proposals or not ask XSLT
to duplicate the algorithm that generates the new filename, but
rather try to hand the XSLT the new filename via a parameter.

I guess you are right.

I will do the following then:

1)
The XML file containing the original filenames, I will transform with
XSLT so it also contains the new filenames.

2)
With C# I make a copy of the original files, and rename them looking
up the new filenames in the XML file.

3) For "security", I zip the old img files and keep them in a back-up
sub directory.

Cheers,
Jesper