xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT (2) namespace safe i18n patterns

2009-11-24 09:53:55
xml:lang is all about mixing languages in the same file, however that
often causes more problems than in solves, and far better to have one
language per file.

I would be interested to understand what complications you are referring to.

I have a project where - perhaps misguidedly - I do have translations
in one file. The advantages I see in doing this is that it is easy to
see if any translations are missing (indeed a simple XSLT could tell
you this) and would readily allow the translator to see the original
text and perhaps existing translations in other languages. Finally I
think it makes it trivial to define an XSLT function for fallback
processing for missing country/language translations.

Regards,

Michael Odling-Smee
www.xml-solutions.com