xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Nicer way to change context-node than xsl:for-each ?

2009-12-07 05:45:51
Didn't you know that <xsl:apply-templates> can be used in pull-style
processing? Modes and uniquely namespaced nodes should light a bulb :)

I am not sure, if that's entirely correct. Working on
xsl:apply-templates with modes looks to me semi pull style, and not a
pull style in entirety!

It is not "semi pull style". Its pull style when only one template has
that mode or matches a node from a uniquely defined namespace (used
only for the purpose of identifying its matching template).

Hmm, an empty <xsl:apply-templates/> is always push, regardless of
mode or namespaces.  If a select attribute is used, then it becomes
pull.

I can't see how the number of templates involved, the modes or
namespaces have any affect on whether its pull or push...?   For
example, are you saying:

<xsl:apply-templates mode="foo"/>

...is pull when only a single template exists with that mode, but push
otherwise?

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com