xsl-list

Re: [xsl] sequential numbering in xslt

2010-01-12 10:26:17
a kusa wrote:
Thanks. Its still not working so maybe I will just state what I want.
Is there any way to iterate through the XML files in the directory
using XSLT so that I can generate a new sequence at the rootnode of
each file? Or is this not possible at all with XSLT?

If you are using Saxon and XSLT 2.0 then David already suggested to write one stylesheet that processes the XML documents in a directory using the collection function see
http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/sourcedocs/collections.html
then you can simply use position() to get a sequential number incremented for each file.

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/