xsl-list

[xsl] [MISC] How was the XSLT 2.0 norm written (tools, format)

2010-01-22 14:43:01
Hi XSL experts,

and happy new year to all.
This question might not be totally relevant to that list but I was
wondering how was the XSLT 2.0 norm written.

Saying "how", I mean which tools and source format did the experts that
wrote it use. I assume it's not written typing plain HTML with vi!

Was it written in pieces of XML (which flavour ?) and then transformed
to this nice HTML we have with a special custom XSLT transform... or do
W3C have processes and tools to do their publications?

If there was a clever tool and source format in use (other than typing
plain HTML with vi!) I'd like to know... of course if it's not a W3C
secret!.. as I have sort of the same publication work to do.

Best Regards.
Alain BENEDETTI