xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT for Mashups

2010-03-06 02:51:08
On 5 March 2010 17:01, Liam R E Quin <liam(_at_)w3(_dot_)org> wrote:
On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 16:48 +0000, Florent Georges wrote:
[...]
  Thanks, Mike.  But clearly, REST cannot be supported by doc().
You can issue simple GET requests, but REST is based on more
HTTP verbs than GET.  Not mentioning headers yet.

Before XQuery and XSLT 2 were Recommendations I wrote a proposal
to give access to the URI resolver that would allow e.g. SOAP.
At that time it was rejected, at least partly because I didn't write
it well enough probably.

I had the need for that a few years back, and wrote simple extension
to make SOAP requests:

http://ajwelch.blogspot.com/2007/02/soap-extension-function.html

I think you can do the same using expath now.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com