xsl-list

RE: [xsl] import, xslt 2.1

2010-03-12 10:37:47

<xsl:import href="fred.xsl"
   use-when="doc-available('../dirName')"/>

That sort of thing?
    Sounds like a kludge Mike?

I'm sorry that you think so. We wanted a general purpose feature for
conditional compilation, and we introduced one which I think is in many ways
superior to the conditional compilation features found in other languages,
where they exist at all.

It's not clear to me why so many people ask for some kind of run-time
conditional xsl:include. It shows a complete lack of understanding of the
XSLT processing model. Dynamic loading as practiced in Java, for example,
could be an interesting feature, but I don't think anyone would expect it to
be done using xsl:include.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/