xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Looking for a concise way of specifying an conditional attribute in output

2011-05-05 16:59:42

It's easy to forget about those other instructions when value-of does
95% of what you need to do, and its name, "value-of" doesn't
necessarily imply the limitations that it has.

Yes, this was a tough decision during the 2.0 design process: we tried to find a way to use "xsl:value-of" to do what xsl:sequence does, and "xsl:text" to create a text node (which would be a much more natural use of names), but we couldn't find a way to achieve adequate backwards compatibility with 1.0.

Michael Kay
Saxonica