xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Looking for a concise way of specifying an conditional attribute in output

2011-05-06 01:41:09
On Thu, 5 May 2011 16:27:37 -0400
Brandon Ibach <brandon(_dot_)ibach(_at_)single-sourcing(_dot_)com> wrote:

On this note, it seems to me that xsl:value-of is one of the most
misunderstood instructions for novices.  For that matter, even more
experienced users seem to use it in places where xsl:apply-templates,
xsl:copy-of or, in XSLT 2.0, xsl:sequence might be better choices.

I'd kind of like to see XSLT provide an alternative in the form of
allowing the "select" attribute on xsl:text with the same effect as on
xsl:value-of.

How about renaming it to 'xsl:string-value-of' which might be
more accurate? Lot more typing though

--

regards

--