xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT Unit testing

2011-08-17 06:32:43
On Wed, August 17, 2011 10:25 am, Andrew Welch wrote:
As a committer for both XSpec and Juxy [1], I'm glad when people adopt
XSpec

So who has adopted xspec, is anyone on the list currently using it or
know of its use on any big projects?  The download count is very

How big is big?  I've used it (as you might expect) and on a fairly big
project, but thanks to the magic of NDA's I can't say what.

low...  (the 0.2 version number doesn't inspire confidence either :)

Surely the question isn't whether it's popular with other people but
whether it works for you?

Arguably, XSLT people haven't drunk the testing Kool-Aid to the extent
that, say, Java people have, and even fewer will have drunk the
test-driven development flavour.  XSLTers also have other techniques
available such as validating the output with a schema and/or Schematron or
using a schema-aware XSLT processor.  But the validating your output isn't
the same as ensuring it's the right output for a given input.

And I think you can attribute the low version number to modesty, not lack
of usefulness.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham(_at_)mentea(_dot_)net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming