xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT Unit testing

2011-08-18 04:46:20
I'm a contractor and go to lots of interviews, and I'm often asked
about unit testing xslt....

Which I find somewhat surprising given, as you note, the comparatively low
number of downloads for even the most popular framework.  XSLT unit
testing appears to be not widely used, yet you've hit a cross-section of
employers who often ask about it.

I wouldn't read too much into it, most of the time the people
conducting the interview know that "testing is good" and have heard of
things called "unit tests", but that's about it.  It's a stock
question, which I now give the stock answer of "yes I love writing
tests" rather than explain how its a bit different with xslt and there
is no consensus or established way.  The same goes for javadoc style
documentation...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com