xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT Unit testing

2011-08-17 14:27:21
Andrew,

On 8/17/2011 1:05 PM, Andrew Welch wrote:
Sorry if my comment came across as negative, I'm genuinely interested
in how widespread its use is.

No offense taken (at least not by me :-).

I'm a contractor and go to lots of interviews, and I'm often asked
about unit testing xslt....

I don't think it can really be known how widespread it is, but what you can say is yes it's done, though maybe not as much as it is in other types of programming, or in quite the same way.

We'd have to speculate on the reasons for that, which you can do.

My experience does suggest that it's not always going to be a worthwhile investment of effort, but that when it is worthwhile it can be very worthwhile.

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez