xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Can this hard-coded template be generalized?

2011-10-02 17:13:23
On Sun, October 2, 2011 10:47 pm, Mark wrote:
I have, however, simplified a lot of code after we talked last week, but
there are still many C++ fingerprints smeared on it. At 72, it is just a
bit
harder to change one's tricks. Thatâ??s why yesterday I asked the list for
sources of XSLT design patterns. No sources, but got a misdirected
affectionate note in French, though.

The best XSLT design patterns book that I've read was Jeni Tennison's
"XSLT and XPath On The Edge", but that was written for XSLT 1.0 and XPath
1.0.

I haven't read "XSLT Cookbook, 2nd Edition" by Sal Mangano, but it covers
XSLT 2.0 and gets good reviews on Amazon, at least.  There's probably more
than a few on this list who could give you an opinion either way.

There's also Dave Pawson's XSL FAQ at http://dpawson.co.uk/xsl/index.html

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham(_at_)mentea(_dot_)net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming