xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT Patterns

2011-10-03 17:06:11
XSLTers don't seem to have drunk the pattern kool-aid to the extent that
Java and, it now seems, C++ programmers have, though I did get a similar
question about XSL-FO patterns a week or so ago at my XML Summer School
session on XSLT and XSL-FO.

13-or-so years of XSL-List hasn't crystallised into a set of standard
patterns AFAICT (and Meunchian grouping for XSLT 1.0 was probably the
closest we came to a standard pattern).

A few spring to mind - the identity transform, sibling recursion,
specific-imports-common, micro-pipelining etc.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com