xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XPath which tests that an element does not have mixed content?

2011-11-03 14:00:01
I messed up by not correctly addressing the Person element ... this would be more precise:

  not(normalize-space( string-join( (author,author/Person)/text() ),'')))

Avoiding the use of string-join() you could individually test each text() node:

  not( (author,author/Person)/text()/boolean(normalize-space()) = true() )

... but I'm not convinced someone maintaining the stylesheet would see the effect any quicker with the above expression than the one I proposed earlier.

I hope this also helps.