xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Getting a block to end on the last page

2011-12-01 09:50:30
At 2011-12-01 09:38 -0600, Colin DeClue wrote:
Hey, so, I've got some data (a list of charges for an invoice) that I
want to end on the last page, rather than start on the first. Say the
document is 3 pages (due to descriptions of other things in their
sections taking up that much room), and there are 7 charges. If 5
charges fit per page, I would want the list of charges to start on
page 2, print 5, then print the last 2 charges on the last page.

Is there an easy way I can accomplish this?

I think you are missing something in your question.

If you start on page 2 with either a page break or a new page sequence, and simply flow your 7 charges, and the first 5 fit on a page, then without any work the last two will be on page 3.

No special techniques are required.

What am I missing?

BTW, I have free UBL Invoice stylesheets available here if you want to see how I've followed the United Nations Layout Key (UNLK):

    http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ublss/#ubl2-ss

Free 5-hour video lecture: XSLT/XPath 1.0 & 2.0 http://ude.my/t37DVX
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com