xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Getting a block to end on the last page

2011-12-01 10:43:30
At 2011-12-01 10:33 -0600, Colin DeClue wrote:
Sorry I'm not being very clear. While I get a picture up someplace,
I'll just mention that I've got multiple flows going (which probably
would have helped if I'd mentioned it originally). The charges are one
flow, and the items and descriptions are another flow, and they flow
concurrently on pages. So either the charges will determine the number
of pages, or the items and descriptions will.

That certainly does explain quite a lot.

There is no way to align the end of one flow with the end of another flow ... multiple flows start together, but in XSL-FO 1.1 they cannot be specified to end together.

Also in XSL-FO 1.1 there are no synchronization constructs between multiple flows. You cannot align the presence of something in one flow with a corresponding construct in the other flow. I belive this has been identified for some future XSL-FO 2.

Have you considered using floats or footnotes for the items and descriptions, rather than multiple flows?

Free 5-hour video lecture: XSLT/XPath 1.0 & 2.0 http://ude.my/t37DVX
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com