xsl-list

RE: [xsl] thoughts on design....

2012-03-30 09:51:22
Sorry that was my fault.

CSS cannot be converted, I meant CCS style, e.g. attribute-sets that users can
edit online, save to a file, that the XSL can then read and use. otherwise ,
keep the defaults.

In other words, have defaults setup. The a web tool that can essentially
overwrite them and apply.

I am not familiar with such a tool, or sure it can work.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 3:45 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Cc: Chris Booth
Subject: Re: [xsl] thoughts on design....

On 30/03/2012 14:53, Chris Booth wrote:
Is there a way to say check if file exists, if so, use the  >
xxxvariables/attributes otherwise use these, bearing in mind the file  > may
contain only one entry.

Yes, but I'm confused: you indicated that you were generating PDF via XSL-FO
but that you want to give users option of specifying styling by CSS. So the
hard part is not checking if defaults exist but converting between CSS and
XSL-FO syntax and formatting models.

David

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. The service is powered by
MessageLabs.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. The service is powered by
MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working
around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk