xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Are there any free, fully-compliant XSLT/XPath 3.0 processors?

2013-01-26 15:58:06
Liam wrote:

Saxon Home Edition is zero-dollar.

I believe SAXON's support for XSLT/XPath 3.0 is limited to just the SAXON EE
edition, which is not free. Please correct me if I am in error.

Furthermore, in a recent message Michael Kay wrote [1]:

    I'll wait until there's a final recommendation
    before deciding how much (if any) of the 3.0
    functionality to put into the HE product.

So it is quite possible (likely) that SAXON will have no free version of
XSLT/XPath 3.0.

Alas, there will be no free , fully-compliant XSLT/XPath 3.0 processors. The
people I work with will simply ignore XSLT/XPath 3.0 and instead use (free)
Java.

/Roger

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=50F95AC6.1090202%40ifactory.com&forum_name=saxon-help