xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Representing EBCDIC code 37 in xslt

2013-12-30 12:13:19
xsl:output-character defines Unicode codepoints to be output; these will be
subject to encoding in the same way as any other character. You can't use this
to bypass Unicode-to-EBCDIC conversion.

First find out whether your XSLT processor supports EBCDIC code page 37 as a
serialization encoding. If it does, you should be able to use something like

<xsl:output encoding="ebcdic-037"/>

(No idea what the correct name is!)

If it doesn't support this encoding, you will need to generate output in say
utf-8 or iso-8859/1, and transcode this to ebcdic-037 by some kind of converter
running as a postprocessing phase after XSLT transformation.

Michael Kay
Saxonica