xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Representing EBCDIC code 37 in xslt

2013-12-30 13:32:53

On 30 Dec 2013, at 18:52, a kusa <akusa8(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi Michael:

Thanks for your quick response. I did mention that I tried utf-8 and
iso-8859-1 encoding. I cannot set the whole encoding to EBCDIC since
that will change all the other text to gibberish.

That doesn't make sense. It makes no sense to have some characters in a file
encoded in EBCDIC unless the whole file is encoded in EBCDIC.

Are you using "gibberish" as a synonym for "EBCDIC"? If so, I don't really
understand what you are trying to achieve.

Saxon, incidentally, allows you to use any encoding supported by your Java
environment. Information on the encodings supported by Oracle JDK 7 can be
found here:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/intl/encoding.doc.html

Michael Kay
Saxonica