xsl-list

Re: [xsl] except (was: Keys with duplicates should be simple)

2014-02-03 09:45:16
On 3 February 2014 15:23, Ihe Onwuka <ihe(_dot_)onwuka(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:
No thought then for the occasional user of the language who doesn't
use it often enough such that he has barely  acclimated to the basics
much less the quirks.

Y'know the sort of person that might want to do a transformation but
doesn't use XSLT enough to think that if it is a primary vehicle for
basic communication.

I learnt it probably eradicated from my code and have freed up the
brain cell for something more useful (yes I know I have a limited
supply - thats why I don't want to waste them).

The top tip when learning xslt is "dont guess, you will guess wrong".
It's not because the spec is wrong, far from it, it's a work of genius
- it's that the person guessing is wrong.

As I often say, and its impossible to say this without sounding really
patronising: everyone that properly understands xslt really likes it.
Only those people that don't understand it have issues with it.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com