xsl-list

Re: [xsl] except (was: Keys with duplicates should be simple)

2014-02-03 10:07:40

On 3 Feb 2014, at 15:23, Ihe Onwuka <ihe(_dot_)onwuka(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:

No thought then for the occasional user of the language who doesn't
use it often enough such that he has barely  acclimated to the basics
much less the quirks.

You can tell us we got it wrong, but you can't tell us we didn't think about
it. Why do you imagine the process takes so long? An agonizing amount of debate
goes into some of the most "trivial" issues like the naming of functions and
operators. That's of course because there are many points of view and
therefore, by definition, there is no answer that will be right for everyone.
I'm sorry that on this occasion you were one of the people that the decision
wasn't right for.

Michael Kay
Saxonica