xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Things that make you go Hmmmm!

2014-03-28 14:25:40
On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 7:11 PM, David Carlisle
<davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:
On 28/03/2014 17:50, Ihe Onwuka wrote:

I'm not sure what point you are making.

As to my point. For the same reasons I would expect the content
models of xsl:next-match, xsl:apply-templates and xsl:apply-imports
to be the same.

while the select attribute on xsl:copy is a minor improvement, I'm not
sure why you expect the content model to be the same as xsl:copy-of.

because their names are very similar and they both copy things.

the
use is completely different:

Completely? In my code I was able to substitute one for the other and
get the desired effect. Really it depends on your viewpoint. I choose
to emphasise the similarities you choose to emphasise the differences.
 Emphasising the similarities makes for an easier programming language
because there is less variety of content model in the various language
constructs.