xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Things that make you go Hmmmm!

2014-03-28 14:31:08
On 28/03/2014 19:25, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
>> the use is completely different
Completely?

Almost completely yes, xsl:copy-of is very similar to xsl:value-of
(identical on atomic values) and xsl:sequence. Saying it's similar to
xsl:copy because of the name is a bit like saying JavaScript is similar
to Java.

In my code I was able to substitute one for the other and get the
desired effect. Really it depends on your viewpoint. I choose to
emphasise the similarities you choose to emphasise the differences.

So you must have been copying an empty node, and not adding any content
to it. In that very restricted case they do have the same effect, but
that is hardly the typical use case.

David