xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Replacing = with == and ===

2014-08-03 13:42:11
I came across the page before while going over xqib, but didn't grasps the
concept.

So it's just an extension?

E-S4L

On Aug 3, 2014, at 12:42 PM, "Dimitre Novatchev
dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com"

http://expath.org/

On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 8:55 AM, L2L 2L emanuelallen(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com
What's EXPath and the likes?

E-S4L

On Aug 3, 2014, at 11:50 AM, "Dimitre Novatchev
dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com"

On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 12:13 AM, BR Chrisman brchrisman(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
But when it comes down to it, I'd also like an XPath-like-language
that implicitly lets me parse/address XPath within XSLT attributes
(like select=) in order to gain further insight into what a particular
template/routine/etc is doing (and whether I need to modify it via my
XSLT-transforming-XSLT program.

XQueryX is a *standard* W3C Recommendation:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/REC-xqueryx-30-20140408/
   http://www.w3.org/TR/xqueryx/

And at least for the previous version I think there was a Java-based
parser for XQuery, that produced an XQueryX XML document from an
XQuery expression.

Certainly XPath is a true subset of XQuery. This means that the parser
will successfully produce an XQueryX document for any input XPath
expression.

So, one will simply use *XPath* to navigate an XPath expression that
is converted to XQueryX.

I think it wouldn't be too much effort to refactor the XQueryX
grammar, so that a subset of it will be the grammar of what we could
call "XPathX". Maybe an idea for EXPath?

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

--