xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Replacing = with == and ===

2014-08-04 13:00:43
At 2014-08-04 17:28 +0000, L2L 2L emanuelallen(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com wrote:
I look up your name for corresponding books I could read. I found one, but it was written in 2001

A paper-based book publisher published a snapshot of my XSLT book in 2001 under the title "Definitive XSLT and XPath" and a snapshot of my XSL-FO book under the title "Definitive XSL-FO" ... I retained the electronic publishing rights to both books and I continue to publish updates (and all updates are available at no charge to purchasers of the electronic copies). Details and free preview copies (on a "try and buy" basis) are available at:

  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/#pdfbooks

Because the publisher published only a snapshot, the paper book describes only XSLT 1.0, while the electronic book currently describes both XSLT 1.0 and XSLT 2.0. Eventually the electronic book will describe XSLT 3.0 and that revision will be available at no charge to book purchasers that have kept their email address with me up-to-date.

Why does it seem xslt is favorite over xQuery?

For me, the answer is that XSLT is declarative and it allows me to leverage an existing XSLT stylesheet at a later time by overriding template rules using importation, even if the base stylesheet is read-only. XQuery is imperative and the importation mechanism is limited and the lack of template matching prevents me from tweaking behaviours while leaving the original code untouched.

I would say more about how the push and pull of XSLT works, but I've already said it in the video and made that portion of the video available for free.

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ |
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com

Google+ profile:      http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |
Legal business disclaimers:    http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |

---
is active.