xsl-list

Re: [xsl] performance benefits of XSL3.0

2016-04-19 19:30:05
Thanks everyone for the suggestions..  @Mike, we are compiling the
stylesheets and that is probably where my initial magnifying glass was
too.. if there are ways to do something efficient than to compile the
stylesheets, then i would like to know that too,.
If saxon is officially supporting XSLT3.0, then I would like to start
using it atleast in some areas( like replacing sax programs with XSLTs
etc.. )

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 5:27 PM, John Lumley
john(_dot_)lumley(_at_)btinternet(_dot_)com
<xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
wrote:

On 19 Apr 2016, at 20:37, Michael Kay mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com

With any exercise looking at a possible course of action to improve
performance, you need to start with measurements and targets. What is your
current performance, how far does it fall short of requirements?

With big data sources it can be worthwhile starting point to find how much
time would be taken by a pure 'identity' transform.... one that merely
repeatedly copies and applies templates... That will give you a sense of how
much computation is going on.