xsl-list

[xsl] Image size with XSL?

2016-12-18 13:54:22
I have an XSL stylesheet driven by an XML data source that produces about 5000 different pages, many with multiple images. I have been adding by hand a placement-index to the XML data source that arranges the images neatly, as with this page:
    http://www.cpslib.org/amp/europa-themes.htm.

I am now faced with adding a huge number of images to a page or pages like this:
    http://www.cpslib.org/flaws/flaws.htm

I would like to add the placement-index to the XML data source programmatically. Is there a way to obtain the height or width of a jpeg image from the file itself (image.jpg, for instance) using XSLT? Or, can someone suggest another way to do this programmatically?

Feel free to wander around the website if you find it interesting.

Thanks,
Mark