xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Image size with XSL?

2016-12-19 10:07:44
Thanks, Max.
Problem solved. Yours proved to be the simplest for me to implement. If anyone needs to deal with image sizes in XSLT, here is how to generate an XML file with all the pertinent information.
Mark

For the archives:
I had a spot of trouble getting this solution to work and went off list. Max was kind enough to explain in a bit more detail how to solve my problem.

ImageMagick is a free download. During the download, I let it write itself into my Path on Windows 10.

From the directory where the images were stored, I executed the following from a Windows cmd prompt:

        >sizes.xml magick identify ^
        -format
        *.jpg

(Command line split for display here with '^', Windows style)

The tricky part, as Max explained, was that the redirection comes at the beginning, not at the end, of the prompt. The file 'sizes.xml' required opening and closing elements be added to be well-formed, but provided this output:

<List>
    <image>
        <file>2921-DV88-2.jpg</file>
        <width>640</width>