xsl-list

Re: [xsl] recursion

2019-01-23 21:50:48
On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 03:34:26AM -0000, Jim Albright
jim_albright(_at_)wycliffe(_dot_)org scripsit: [snip]
I have verified that $number is actually an integer.  In this example
there are two notes. The first note starts with 2 Com ... and the
second note starts with 3 Em ...

This puts me in an endless loop as it always finds something in
$notes[$number]

Can you share a (short!) example of what you're trying to transform?

This could be an opportunity to use grouping, but it's hard to be sure.

As a sort of general principle, any time you find yourself writing XSLT
that's getting more and more complicated, it's time to stop and think
about the problem some more.  There is nigh-always a conceptually
simpler way to do it.  (Obvious, perhaps not, but cleaner when you get
there.)

-- Graydon